CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Help me convince my husband


Clothes and I don't seem to get along. I'm shaped funny. (Okay, here comes full disclosure, but I'm not bragging!). I have a large bust (thanks to my paternal grandmother) and smallish/normalish waist and hips.

You'd think I'd be loving life, but I'm not. It is impossible to find appropriate clothes to fit my figure. I say appropriate because Victoria's Secret seems to get it, but that's about it. (I do like their t-shirts.)

I'm not about to start dressing like a 20-year-old party girl. Not happening.

So I want a dress form. So I can buy the patterns I like and make the clothes I want rather than getting frustrated every Sunday morning before church because I can't find anything to wear. I'd also like to be able to adjust the stuff I buy so that, oh, I don't know, I can look in the mirror and see that I have a waist. Apparently clothing makers think that if you have a large bust, you must not have a waist to go with it.

Oh, and having babies has really messed up my shape too.

So I'm working on Aaron to get a dress form for me for Christmas. Or my birthday. But I want one.

Any advice on getting one?

1 comments:

Elle said...

My advice is to make sure you get the right one! I have a similar problem, though mine has more to do with being large busted, short-waisted, and the length between my hips and knees being disproportionately long (I'm 5'11"). I had the same idea, and my mom got me a nice, expensive adjustable dress form, but it foesn't adjust to be big enough or small enough in the right places. I tried adjusting for my shoulders and then putting a stuffed bra on her, but I can't get her right, so I've never really used her for draping, and thus I have lots of fabric bought intending to make clothes, and my first efforts were so poor that I've never tried again. If I could do it again, I think i'd make one out of foam using a million measurements so it really matched my body. Of course, it is entirely possible that I'm just not using it right! Good luck, and please share what you figure out! After my last dry cleaning bill, I'm back to wanting to make machine washable work clothes that fit me well and flatter.

Post a Comment

Really, don't we all love a little validation?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...